After four months, 1500+ entrants from 30+ countries, three rounds of competition, more than 10,000 public votes and many hours of deliberating, we are over the moon to reveal the winners of the 2013 Global Talent Search! It was so hard to choose from our outstanding six Finalists that we have decided to give two awards – the Grand Prize and a second Special Studio Award. Two art careers are about to change forever. Drum roll please…
Grand Prize Winner:
ZOE INGRAM, Australia
Congratulations Zoe! The finalists were asked to design for a home decor line with Midwest CBK. Here’s a glimpse of Zoe’s winning work for the competition (we will be sharing more in the coming days):
We loved the very fresh take on birds with the integration of the doilies, the zany/happy freedom of her style, and her sensational color palette. She has a distinctive look that we know will become recognizable and is highly marketable. Artists that can do patterns, lettering, icons, and people are able to attract a vast array of work – and she has proven herself in all of these areas. She’s expert in traditional media as well as digital media which is a terrific combination. Plus she can paint.
Can you believe these amazing plates? Zoe created in response to the assignment for Home Decor week in¬†our Make Art That Sells class. We fell in love with them the minute we saw them. I am quite fond of the “seedling” lettering as well. I remember commenting on the plate that she submitted for class (the plate on the top left) and saying in the weekly art review, “This is a¬†perfect¬†piece.” Can you believe she created all four in one week? Her years as a graphic designer show.
It was clear that Zoe already had the talent, and then¬†Make Art That Sells helped her understand the market potential for her work, and present it beautifully.
We are thrilled to¬†announce¬†that Zoe has won TWO YEARS’ INTERNATIONAL REPRESENTATION BY LILLA ROGERS STUDIO, with a host of licensing deals and international promotion including:
- A MINI¬†FABRIC COLLECTION¬†with the prestigious ROBERT KAUFMAN FABRICS
- A¬†SCRAPBOOKING LICENSE¬†with PRIMA MARKETING INC. Zoe will work directly with Prima’s own Creative Director and in-house Design Team through the development process, giving her the hands on experience to learn about this industry from the inside out.
- A¬†HOME DECOR AND GIFT PRODUCT LINE¬†WITH MIDWEST-CBK. Margo Tantau, Midwest-CBK’s Vice-President of Design & Creative, will personally work with the Zoe to create a smashing product line of gift and home decor products, such as wall art, lighting, textiles, ceramics, and specialty products, all offered with the voice of Zoe to help her build an identity and strong brand footprint in the marketplace.
- A LICENSE FOR A¬†JOURNAL COVER¬†with gorgeous UK-based stationery company¬†PAPERCHASE.
- A LICENSE FOR A¬†DECORATIVE GARDEN PRODUCT¬†WITH STUDIO M, the new artful home and garden division of Magnet Works, Ltd.
-¬†A FEATURE IN WHERE WOMEN CREATE BUSINESS, the top creative business magazine from Stampington
Special Studio Award Winner:
Daniel Roode, USA
Here’s the winning work Daniel created for the third and final round of the competition:
Can you see why we had to add another prize? His submission is a fully-realized product line with a strong graphic read with a charming retro feel, and lovely textures. And check out his calligraphy!
We are thrilled to announce that Daniel has won:
- TWO YEARS’ INTERNATIONAL REPRESENTATION BY LILLA ROGERS STUDIO
- HOME DECOR AND GIFT PRODUCT LINE WITH MIDWEST-CBK. Margo Tantau, Midwest-CBK’s Vice-President of Design & Creative, as one of the judges of the Global Talent Search, was so blown away by Daniel’s work that she offered this prize. She and her team will personally work with the Daniel to create a gorgeous product line of gift and home decor products branded with Daniel’s name.
We couldn’t be happier to add these two awesome artists to our studio family, alongside all our other talented artists. The other four Finalists are also brilliantly gifted, and we will be showcasing them and their final entries here on the blog over the coming days.¬†We are grateful to our judges, to everyone who entered the contest, and to everyone voted and supported the participating artists.
LOVE WHAT YOU SEE?
If you are an Art Director…¬†Want to talk to us about licensing or commissioning work with our newest artists? We’d love you to contact us. Hurry! These artists are going to get booked up fast. And of course we have all your favorite artists, too.
If you are an artist… Want to see your career skyrocket? We would strongly encourage you to consider joining the next round of Make Art That Sells(which starts on Monday). The course clearly had a major impact on Grand Prize Winner Zoe Ingram’s work, and helped her take it to the next level. She said on her blog “I learned so so much during the¬†e-course¬†and I don’t think I would have made the top 50 had I not taken part in it.”
If you want to learn how to make great art that sells in the top ten markets for art internationally, whilst staying true to yourself, there is no other course like this out there. There are still a few places left if you are quick – register here!
CHANCE TO WIN A 1-1 PORTFOLIO REVIEW & CAREER CONSULTATION WITH LILLA ROGERS
Have you ever dreamt of having a portfolio and career consultation with a top art agent? Well this is your chance! For the first time ever Lilla Rogers is offering a private one hour portfolio review and career consultation (via Skype) to TWO lucky artists.
This is a rare, incredible opportunity to tap into three decades‚Äô of experience from someone at the forefront of the art licensing industry. Lilla Rogers Studio has sold art for products worth over $100 million. Lilla knows what is hot, what is on the horizon and where your work fits in.¬†Find out more here! The deadline to¬†enter the 1-1 competition is 7pm EST / 12 midnight GMT Sunday 6 October.