It’s easy to commission art for a magazine, design project, ad campaign, etc. Simply call or email us with any information you may have, such as:
– artist(s) you’d like to use
– number of illustrations
– size of illustrations
– what the uses will be, such as an ad, web use, brochure, or magazine illustration
– territory (USA? Regional? International?)
– how long you want to use the art for
– when you need the final art by
– a budget you need to work within (if you have one)
– any special billing information (such as 3rd party billing)
– any contracts you may need signed
We can help you every step of the way, and we can certainly help you with finding just the right artist.
Once we have squared away the fees and rights, we’ll contact the artist to be sure of availability.
When you’re ready to assign we’ll send you and the artist Job Confirmations with all the pertinent information. It will show the fees, the scope of the job, due dates, what rights you are buying, any exclusives, the contact information for all parties, and other important information.
You then can go ahead and work directly with the artist creatively. We don’t interfere with the creative process.
If the job increases in size or scope, no problem. Just give us a call and we’ll work out the details with you.
Generally, invoices are sent upon completion of the job and payment is due net 30 days. For large projects, we often ask for 50% to start and 50% at finish.
The artist will generally deliver the art digitally.