For new art that is commissioned, this is the standard procedure:
1. Artist and Art Director review any pertinent details of the job, and clarify style. It’s helpful if the Art Director sites a particular image of the artist’s work for style clarification.
2. Artist provides one round of rough(s). All decision-makers should sign off on the roughs.
3. Art Director specifies any changes/adjustments to the roughs, based on the original concept.
4. Artist provides revised roughs.
5. Extensive additional revisions, and any revisions that stray from the originally agreed upon concept
by Art Director are subject to additional fee(s).
6. Artist gets final rough approval(s).
7. Artist creates finished art following the roughs closely.
8. Any revisions to finishes by Art Director will incur additional fees.